Today’s light has made up for yesterday’s darkness.
Here are some highlights:
- Our nurses are amazing! We’ve overall had a great experience at OU Children’s NICU. Yesterday was an anomaly.
- Finn graduated to a crib! No more warmer bed, as he can retain his own body heat. He looks more like a baby and less like a patient in this crib.
- Though breast feeding was a little traumatic, we tried bottle feeding today to see if he can suck/swallow on his own. He downed 22 ml’s like a champ!
- We saw more hip movement today. Still no quad/lower leg movement, but we’re hoping as his brain continues to de-swell, he may regain movement there.
- We are now completely off pain meds. Though it is difficult to watch him squirm in pain, we are glad he’s on the road to recovery.
- We do not have Nurse Sassy Pants again tonight. Praise Jesus. I think I might trip her.