Happy 3rd Birthday to Jersey, our naughty black Labrador!
Memorable Jersey moments of the past three years:
- Choosing you out of the litter. They said you had the most personality…and we loved your white toes.
- Holding you in my lap on the way home from the breeder. At eight weeks, you were so scared.
- Our first tornado…you, Joey and I in the tub.
- You listen to my rants and don’t offer any advice.
- You kiss our ears.
- Your fetish with hanging your head upside down while you sleep.
- When you turned into a swollen Quasimodo because we gave you raw nuts. Oops…our dog has a peanut allergy.
- Your first trip to Annie’s Ruff House. Dirty dogs are happy dogs.
- When we discovered you’re a fantastic swimmer in our neighborhood pond. Love those big webbed paws!
- Local dog park adventures…until Skippy pinned you to the fence and we never went back. I cried in the car.
- When you embarrassed us weekly at Puppy Star school.
- When you got stuck in our tent.
- You snore like a congested old man.
- When you undug our cable line and ripped it from the house. Then the neighbors’ too…whoops.
- You bark and pace when you think we’re in danger. You’re a protector.
- You steal our socks and dodge under the bed.
- The first time you met baby Finn. A natural momma.
- Sneaking you on the couch when Joey’s out of town.
- You are the best running partner (with a shock collar on).
- You steal kisses from Finn when we’re not looking and you’re so gentle with him. Thank you. I can’t wait for you two to become best buds.