- Kissed Joey goodbye at Lord-knows-what-time in the morning. He’s off to Colorado without me and I’ll try really hard to forgive him. He took 4 college guys and another sponsor to climb a 14’er north of Durango. I can’t even talk about it anymore…soooo jealous.
- He left a sweet card for me on the kitchen counter. He’s forgiven a teeny tiny bit.
- Wear a hat. Need to take a shower, but I’m just going to get all sweaty again soon, so I’ll take one later. Spray extra Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.
- Dropped Finn off at daycare. He said, “Yo-ee, yo-ee, yo-ee!” the entire way. Does he really realize that Joey’s not taking him to daycare like normal?
- Left too late to get Starbucks. 😦
- Trained clients until 3:00. Groceries at Target and Sprouts.
- Picking Finn up from daycare is my favorite. I LOVE his face when I come around the corner. He smiles really big and balls up his fists.
- Practiced moving in the chariot and wheelchair after a bath. He pooped on the towel as I was drying him off. Awesome.
- Picked ripe Roma tomatoes in the garden. Hung cloth diapers on the line to dry.
- In bed early. Clean sheets make me feel wealthy.
- Wear a hat. Took a shower but didn’t feel like blow-drying, so I didn’t wash my hair. Thankful I have a job where it’s appropriate to wear a Nike hat.
- Took Finn to daycare, though I just wanted to cuddle with him all day long. They told me there’s a vomiting flu going around. Perfect.
- Picked up Starbucks for myself and my first client.
- Trained clients until 12. Taught a full spin class. Trained more clients and taught another class until 7:00. Though exhausting, I seriously love my job.
- Major oversight: my sweet friend, Cassie, was picking Finn up from daycare for me. She called and asked where Finn’s carseat was. Whoops! It’s in my car…so Cassie had to borrow one from a teacher so Finn didn’t have to be strapped to the floorboards.
- Once home, I quickly wiped him down on the changing table with a baby wipe, put a nite-time diaper around his bum, slipped on his baseball jammies, sang a few renditions of Jesus Loves Me and kissed that porcelain cheek goodnight.
- House chores.
- 8:30pm: Watched So You Think You Can Dance while eating a left-over turkey sloppy joe. I remembered these wheelchair dancers they featured in 2011–Axis Dance Company. Googled them and emailed the director thanking her for encouraging disabled people.
- Think about painting the kitchen. I’m tired of my yellow walls. Decide I’m too tired to paint.
- Wake up to the colossal crash and flash of thunder and lightning. I love storms that don’t bring tornadoes! Wish Joey were beside me. (Realized cloth diapers that were on the line are now drenched…dang.)
- No hat today! Curls.
- Trained clients until noon.
- Mowed the lawn. I love it. It makes me feel independent or something. Like, “Hey stranger-driving-by; I don’t need a man to mow my lawn…”
- My mother-in-law, Becky, arrived to help take care of Finn and to keep me company for a few days.
- We picked Finn up from daycare, went to Syrup for lunch and shopped at the mall for portrait clothes for the cousins (Ev and Finn). Gap/Baby Gap is having a 40% off sales price deal…my heart raced with glee.
- Bec and I had such a great conversation once Finn was asleep. I’m so blessed she’s my mom-in-law.
- Jersey woke me up at 3:30am to go poop outside. Really? I wanted to kick her.
- Finn went to bed 30 min early last night and got up an hour early as a result. Ugh!
- Trained clients and taught spin class 8-3. No break. Thankful client Chelsea brought me coffee and the 11:00 ladies let me go to the bathroom.
- Accidentally swung by the OK Runner sidewalk sale. Bought three pairs of shoes for literally the price of one. It was exhilarating.
- Becky and Finn had a fun day together, though he was really fussy and clingy from dinner onward. It took us forever to get him to sleep.
- Went to Laura’s house for monthly girl’s night with Pascha and Morgan. These women are smart, funny, beautiful and they love me and my family so well. Oh, and we all loooove food. On the menu tonight: Laura’s homemade pesto and bruschetta, Bread and Wine’s risotto and maple glazed pork, strawberry and almond salad and mini desserts from La Baguette. Delish.
- Finally heard from Joey! They arrived off the train in Durango and are preparing to drive home through the night. I could hear the inside jokes being tossed across the car seats in the background. So glad they are safe.
- Came home to find that Jersey threw up SIX roma tomatoes from our garden and my poor MIL had to clean it all up. This. Dog. Arghhh…
- Woke up to yet another thunderstorm.
- Met Laura at the Y to swim. It was her first time since she was 10, and as expected, she did great. Swimming’s not my fav, but it’s fun to do something different; and good for my joints.
- JOEY came home!
- Finn was so happy to have his daddy back…he just snuggled in on his chest and smiled. I love these boys.